A workshop about the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices.
In this four-hour workshop students learn about the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices. Discussions and hands-on activities guide students through decisions required when deploying user-owned and company-owned devices.
This class is only available for private delivery upon customer request.
Experience in managing iOS
- IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices
- Technical sales professionals who assist customers in deciding to purchase iOS devices
- Define the role of MDM, VPP, and DEP in successfully deploying iOS devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it's needed
- Discuss the features of iOS that provide for seamless separation of work and personal data
- Describe the benefits of device supervision for company-owned devices
Introductions and course overview
- Common themes to be covered and explanation of the classroom setup for hands-on activities
- Apple ID and the role it plays in deployment
User owned and managed
- Difficulties encountered when manually configuring devices
- Using Mobile Device Management to improve the deployment experience for users and for IT
- Using the Volume Purchase program to enable app distribution and protect company data
Company owned and supervised
- Using the Device Enrollment Program to streamline deploying company-owned devices
- Decisions a company needs to make to allow personalization of a company-owned device or restrict functionality based on user roles
Wrap-up and considerations
- Summary of lessons learned
- Next steps to take in planning for a successful iOS deployment