Using HPE SimpliVity Solutions (0001131290)
Gain knowledge and skills on designing, deploying, and operating HPE SimpliVity solutions.
Prepares for this certification
HPE Product Certified – SimpliVity 
The HPE SimpliVity Product certification course is an in-depth introduction to the HPE SimpliVity product. The course covers product introduction, architecture, portfolio overview and HPE SimpliVity solutions. The course will also cover managing, installation, trouble shooting and support. In addition to lecture this course also contains labs for hands on experience exploring and using HPE SimpliVity.
Prerequisites to this course
Basic industry standard storage knowledge and skills and some familiarity with the HPE product portfolio.
Ideal candidates for this certification are consultants, sales engineers and presales technical engineers who recommend, design and demonstrate an understanding of HPE SimpliVity.
List of subjects
- Introduction to HPE SimpliVity
- Describe the benefits and HPE SimpliVity and HyperGuarantee program.
- Top use cases (VDI, ROBO, Datacenter Consolidation, Data Protection).
- Describe available Reference Architectures.
- Describe HPE Simplivity impact on TCO and sizing rules.
- HPE SimpliVity Architecture
- Explain HPE SimpliVity architecture and components (OAC, OVC, MVA, Cluster, Federation, datastores, Arbiter, Compute Nodes, networking requirements [3 networks, jumbo frames, etc.]).
- Explain HPE SimpliVity data efficiency technologies (deduplication, compression and optimization).
- Explain how HPE SimpliVity has a resilient platform and provides peak and predictable performance.
- Explain HPE SimpliVity Stretched Cluster implementation.
- Explain how HPE SimpliVity differs from other hyperconverged infrastructure technologies.
- HPE SimpliVity Portfolio Overview
- Describe HPE SimpliVity portfolio (hardware-accelerated and software-optimized models).
- Describe product positioning and matching with specific customer use cases.
- Describe HPE Composable Fabric integration.
- Describe HPE StoreOnce integration.
- Describe HPE InfoSight integration.
- Designing HPE SimpliVity Solution
- Describe SimpliVity sizing and configuration tools.
- Analyze Reference Architectures for HPE SimpliVity:
- VMware Horizon
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- SAP HANA 2.0
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Oracle Database
- Managing HPE SimpliVity
- Describe HPE SimpliVity functionalities (backups, restore, clone, etc.).
- Describe available user interfaces (GUI, CLI/API).
- Explain how HPE SimpliVity RapidDR works.
- Explain how HPE SimpliVity performs backups to secondary storage (HPE StoreOnce today).
- Explain how to use HPE InfoSight to investigate the analytics and get insights from an HPE SimpliVity environment.
- Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Explain steps required for a successful deployment.
- Explain the upgrade procedure.
- Describe support and troubleshooting procedures.
The price for this course excludes any costs for taking an exam. If an exam voucher is taken after the training, an additional invoice will be sent.