iOS and iPadOS Support Essentials
Learn in one day how to support iOS devices and iPadOS devices in your organization.
This training is a combination of theory and hands-on exercises that teach students how to support and troubleshoot iOS devices and iPadOS devices. For the best learning experience, we recommend that you bring your own laptop and iPad or iOS device (iPhone or iPod Touch). We have MacBooks and iPads available during the training, but if using your own hardware, all work can be taken home.
Prerequisites for this course
Experience with iOS and/or iPadOS.
System administrators, IT managers and Solutions Architects who want to support users of iOS devices and iPadOS devices and need to troubleshoot iOS devices and iPadOS devices.
List of topics
- Overview of iOS & iPadOS
- iOS & iPadOS devices
- iOS & iPadOS features
- Configuring iOS & iPadOS devices
- Initial activation and setup
- Connecting to Wifi, VPN and radius
- Installation of internet accocunts for mail, Exchange, etc.
- Tips and common problems
- AppleID and iCloud
- What you need them for
- Using files
- Cloud Documents
- WebDAV sharing
- Sync iTunes
- AirPrint, AirPlay and AirDrop
- Common cloud applications, DropBox & OneDrive
- Access code settings
- Securing and encrypting data
- Find my iPhone and Activation Lock
- Privacy settings
- Troubleshooting iOS & iPadOS
- Updating iOS & iPadOS
- Common tricks
- Reboot/reset procedures
- Backup and Restore
- Backup using iTunes/Finder
- Backup with iCloud
- Introduction to managing iOS & iPadOS (see Apple Deployment and Management for follow-up training)