Designing HPE Nimble Solutions (01113228)
This course teaches students how to identify, recommend, and explain HPE Nimble storage solutions. It covers the HPE Nimble hardware and software, initial configuration, Nimble Storage Volumes, snapshots, and replication. The course uses participant centered learning and hands-on labs.
Prepares for this certification
HPE Product Certified – Nimble Solutions 
Prerequisites to this course
A good understanding of storage technology with at least 1 year technical experience in the industry.
Typical candidates for this course are IT, facilities or data center professionals, who work in and around the data center and who have the responsibility to achieve and improve the availability and manageability of the data center. Typical candidate job roles include but are not limited to Pre-sales Architects, Pre-sales Engineers, Enterprise Architects, Solutions Engineers, and Technology Architects.
List of subjects
- Module 1: Course Overview
- Describe the content of this training
- Locate Nimble documentation
- Describe usage of capacity units
- Introduce Nimble technologies
- Module 2: Hardware
- Describe the AF and HF Series hardware
- Module 3: Scaling with HPE Nimble Storage
- Explain Scale-to-Fit with the AF- and HF-Series.
- Module 4: Nimble OS Architecture
- Describe the AF-Series read and write operations.
- Describe the HF-Series read and write operations.
- Explain Deduplication
- Explain Compression
- Describe Sequential stripe writes
- Describe Triple+ parity and Triple+ parity with integrated spare
- Describe Integrated spare rebuild
- Describe Quick RAID rebuild
- Describe SmartSecure encryption
- Describe changed block operations
- Module 5: NimbleOS WebUI Introduction
- Explain how to access and navigate the NimbleOS WebUI.
- Explain user administration.
- Describe how to use Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) with user administration.
- Explain how to monitor the array with the WebUI.
- Explain how to update NimbleOS.
- Module 6: Introduction to customer support and HPE InfoSight
- Explain HPE Nimble Support’s mission statement.
- Discuss the InfoSight Customer Portal.
- Describe support coverage and logistics.
- Module 7: Array Initialization and Setup
- Explain the array initialization process.
- Explain the array configuration process.
- Describe port and firewall considerations.
- Articulate Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) setup.
- Discuss SYSLOG use.
- Describe NimbleOS’s event log.
- Module 8: Working with HPE Nimble Storage volumes
- Describe basic volume concepts.
- Explain performance policies and how to create one.
- Discuss access control and initiator groups and how to create them.
- Explain protection templates and how to create one.
- Explain volume collections and how to create them.
- Discuss volume pinning.
- Show how to create a volume using the WebUI.
- Module 9: Introduction to HPE Nimble Storage Snapshots
- Describe how Nimble snapshots work.
- Explain snapshot scheduling.
- Describe need to add Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), and change rate definitions.
- Explain recovering from a snapshot by using zero-copy clones.
- Module: 10 Introduction to HPE Nimble Storage Replication
- Describe basic replication concepts
- List SmartReplicate components
- Explain how replication works
- Describe replication process
- Discuss the replication considerations
- Explain SmartReplicate Disaster Recovery
- Appendix A: Pre-installation, Racking, and Cabling
- Use the pre-installation workbook
- Explain rack mounting principles
- Tell how to cable an array
- Describe networking and Fibre
- Channel concepts
The price for this course excludes any costs for taking an exam. If an exam voucher is taken after the training, an additional invoice will be sent.