Learn the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices.
iOS Deployment Essentials is a two-day course that provides students an opportunity to learn about the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the configuration, management, and supervision of iOS devices. Students' knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios.
Experience with iOS
- IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices
- Technical sales professionals who assist customers in deciding to purchase iOS devices
- Define the role of MDM, VPP, and DEP in the successful deployment of iOS devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it's needed
- Discuss how security is relevant in the context of a given deployment scenario
- Design and implement a deployment solution for a given scenario
- Configure DEP registered devices for Over-the-Air Enrollment
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on user-owned and company-owned devices
- Manual configuration: This lesson explores the challenges and inconsistencies when manually configuring multiple devices.
- Configuration profiles: Students use Apple Configurator to view and edit a configuration profile. Students learn how profiles ensure consistency across multiple devices.
- Manage settings: This lesson introduces the iOS MDM protocol and explores how an MDM solution is used to configure and manage devices over-the-air with consistency and accountability.
- Apps and content: This lesson introduces and defines VPP. Students assign apps and content to their user and then configure and test managed 'open in' functionality.
- Company-owned (personalized): Students configure settings to enable Over-the-Air Enrollment and supervision and learn how users can personalize company-owned devices.
- Company owned (shared): Students configure and test shared device scenarios. Apps and content are distributed to the devices but users are not able to personalize their device.
- Scenario workshop: Students are given real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, they design a deployment that meets their scenario's needs and then present their solution to the class.
The price for this course includes costs for location, drinks, lunch and course materials.
N.B. We can also organize this course on other locations / in other countries than where it is planned at the moment. If your company has several students to be trained we can discuss the possibilities for an in-house course.
Please contact our training coordinator at Marjo Salo for more information.