A three-day virtual instructor-led course about the functionality of macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and effective troubleshooting.
N.B This course page is for the virtual instructor-led delivery of macOS Support Essentials 10.14.
For the classroom course, please see macOS Support Essentials 10.14.
macOS Support Essentials 10.14 is a three-day course that gives you a tour of macOS Mojave and describes the best ways to support macOS Mojave users. The course includes lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
The course takes you deep inside macOS Mojave, offering in-depth, step-by-step guidance on everything from installing and configuring Mojave to managing networks and system administration. Through practical, hands-on lessons, you'll learn how to set up users, configure system preferences, manage security and permissions, use diagnostic and repair tools, troubleshoot peripheral devices, and more: all you need to professionally support macOS Mojave and systematically prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.14 certification or recertification.
Apple Certified Support Professional 10.14
macOS knowledge and basic computer navigation skills
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, technical support personnel, service technicians, technology specialists, power users, teachers, and others who support macOS users in education or business organizations
- Technical coordinators, teachers, or power users who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
Upon completion of the macOS Support Essentials 10.14 (Mojave 101) course, students will be able to:
- Use macOS Mojave tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Mojave
- Understand macOS Mojave features and functionality, including how to find more information about macOS Mojave
- Prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.14 certification
Part 1: Installation and Configuration
- Install macOS Mojave
- Set Up and Configure macOS Reference
- Use macOS Recovery
- Update macOS Software
Part 2: User Accounts
- Manage User Accounts
- Manage User Home Folders
- Manage Security and Privacy
- Manage User Account Passwords
Part 3: File Systems
- Manage File Systems and Storage
- Manage FileVault
- Manage Permissions and Sharing
- Use Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives
Part 4: Data Management
- Manage System Resources
- Use Metadata and File Search Technologies
- Manage Time Machine
- Install Applications
Part 5: Applications and Processes
- Manage Documents
- Manage and Troubleshoot Applications
- Manage Basic Network Settings
Part 6: Network Configuration
- Manage Advanced Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Manage Network Services
Part 7: Network Services
- Manage Host Sharing and Personal Firewall
- Troubleshoot Peripherals
Part 8: System Management
- Manage Printers and Scanners
- Troubleshoot Startup and System Issues
- System Troubleshooting
The time zone of the VILT classes is CET or CEST.
The course price is excluding the certification exam. Please note that the macOS Support Essentials 10.14 exam is not available online but must be taken at an Apple Authorised Training Provider (AATP).
It is possible to take the exam on an exam day at LAI. For students who have attended the course in preparation for the exam at LAI, the price for the exam is 175 euro excluding VAT.